Chappaqua AYSO is committed to developing youth and adult referees. We provide all the training and support you need to take charge and keep the game safe, fun and fair.
*** Email us at email@example.com with any questions!
Regional Referee Training
For: Youths (12yrs old and up) and Adults interested in becoming a referee
What you need to do (this looks much harder than it is)
- Register as a volunteer: Register yourself or your child as a volunteer. Follow the registration instructions here.
- Take “Safe Haven”: Go to AYSO U, log in using your Blue Sombrero credentials, click on the link for “My Courses”, and complete the course “Safe Haven”.
- Concussion Awareness training: Go to AYSO U, log in using your Blue Sombrero credentials, click on the link for “My Courses”, and complete the course “CDC: Concussion Course”.
- Regional Referee Online Course: Go to AYSO U, log in using your Blue Sombrero credentials, click on the link for “eCommerce-Products”, and click the “Buy Now” button next to “Regional Referee Training Course”. Enter your information to buy the course and pay for it using a voucher code you received from a Chappaqua AYSO administrator. You can also pay out of pocket and then submit your receipt for reimbursement. After you buy the course you should see in under the “My Courses” section. Take the course!
- In-Person Course Sign Up: Course registration is via AYSO U
Where: H. C. Crittenden Middle School, 10 MacDonald Avenue, Armonk, NY 10504
- After logging in to aysou.org, click on “Live Courses”, then the date ex: “3/24”
- On the right, click the “Sessions” button next to the class you plan to take, ex: “Regional Referee Online Companion Course”
- Scroll down to find the class held in Armonk and click the “Register” button on the right.
- The start & end times for the class are listed there under the class name.