This program doesn’t exist without your help. Thank you for volunteering your time and effort to give our kids a great soccer experience!
2. Complete Safe Haven (Only have to do once)
Can be taken online at http://www.aysotraining.org/
3. Town Background Check (Every 2 years)
Follow the link at the bottom of the town’s Youth Sports Organization page
Handout from the Fall 2013 Coach’s meeting:
Section 3, Area 3T, Region 139
2013-2014 Coach’s Information
Registration and Training Requirements:
* Registration on https://www.eayso.org/
- Apply as a new/returning adult volunteer
- MUST DO ANNUALLY
* Safe Haven certification
- On-line webinar: http://www.aysotraining.org/ Sign in using AYSO ID you get from eayso.org
- Only need to do once
* Age-specific Coach’s training
- Course Listing on http://www.aysoarea3t.org/training.html
- Sign up for course on https://www.eayso.org/my_eayso_coursesignup.aspx
- Only need to do once per age-group (U6, U8, U10, etc)
- U6 to U12: September 7 @ location TBD
Town of New Castle Volunteer Requirements:
* Online background check (required every two or three years)
- Accessed through town’s website – http://mynewcastle.org/index.php/athletics
- $12.95 fee, paid online with credit card
Schedule: Practices and games start September 7th; no AYSO during Columbus Day weekend. Get game schedule from your Division Coordinator.
Uniforms and Equipment bags: Pick up from Division Coordinator
- First Aid kit
- Zip Ties for goal nets
- Contact the Equipment Manager for replacement / missing equipment- Matt Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Shin Pads UNDER socks against the skin
- Cleats – no metal studs
- No jewelry of any kind, including taped-over earrings
- Sandbags on goals
- Coaches: no sunglasses
- U10 and above: Parents on opposite side of field from team and coaches
- U12 and above: Contact opposing coach during week to confirm game & exchange contact info. Report game results into QuickBase system.
- Rain-outs called prior to game or at field: Contact Division Coordinator and Referee Administrator Tom Pile (email@example.com) immediately.
- Clear goals off field if last game of day.
- Most referees (U8 and above) are children. DO NOT challenge the referees’ calls. Direct your concerns to the Referee Administrator after the game.
- Remind your parents
Photo Day: TBD
Free, Additional Training:
- Run by the upper division trainers
- Weeknight afternoons, Time and Date TBA
- All age groups
- Includes separate breakout Goalkeeping skill development
- http://www.bytesizecoaching.com email your division coordinator for username and password
- Email addresses on http://www.chappaquaayso.org/Officers.asp
- AYSO hotline (914) 238-3145